Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hey Guys long time no see !

Hey It has been a really long time since I wrote in my art blog, But since I have time now, I would really like to start writing more in my blog. I'm in the process of redoing my portfolio, and I would to start to writing again so I give updates on my progress while I am working on pieces for it. But anyways, here is a  shield prop that I will be putting in my portfolio. I modeled the shield inside 3DS Max, it was a learning experience since I am mostly familiar with Maya. But For this project I wanted to learn 3ds max. After I finished modeling it in Max. I exported the shield into zbrush where I used some techniques that I picked up watching a 3d motive tut using layers and surface noise inside zbrush. After I was finished with the high poly, I created a low poly using 3d coat and then back to 3ds max where I fixed up the topology some more and layed out the uv's and then proceeded to create the normals inside of xnormal and the ambient occlusion map inside Ndo. I learned a lot from this project and I hope to be putting out some more work over the next couple month and would love to hear what you guys think!


No comments:

Post a Comment